Handy's candle system
Designed for builders and content creators, Handy's candle system lets you add candle-type flames to your products easily without having to write scripts - setup is through simple menus.
It's suitable for anything from a simple candle or tea-light to a multiple-candle chandelier or a complex lantern.
These scripts use particles to create the flame. Properly done, particle flame systems are more lifelike and interesting than flames made by using animated textures.
- Suitable for candles, lanterns, tea-lights, chandeliers - anything that uses single flames
- Choice of 24 different flame textures, or use your own
- Easy, menu-based set up
- Control multiple flame sources from one script (eg chandeliers)
- Detailed online instructions
- Adjustable distance above object, flame size, colour, width, etc
- Adjustable range, colour, intensity etc of light cast on other objects
- User can control access: owner only, group, anyone
- User can specify candle to light automatically at night
- Three levels of optional flickering effect
- Optional pre-rezzing to prevent grey, unrezzed textures
- Optional puff of smoke when candle extinguished
- Integrates easily with other scripts
- Example included